Thursday, October 9, 2008

So, I've been drinking

As the title details, I have been drinking.

I had enough gin and tonics on an empty stomach to make my 192 centimeter (6' 4") frame and 92 kg (190 lbs.) body get a little tipsy.  Yes, that's right, tipsy; tipsy to the point where I didn't ride my bike home for fear of being pulled over for drunk driving.  I was reminded of the concept by the sign at the ramen shop that said, "Drunk driving Stop."  Ok, Ok, so only stop was in English, but you get the point.

My friend asked a philosophical question today that I thought I would share with anyone who considers their self a reader of my lowly blog.

"What happens to mail after it has past its re-delivery date?"

The whole story goes back a whole week or so ago when we both opened our bank accounts....at the post office.....the post office is a bank.....long story......  Anyhow, they said that they would deliver the bank book by mail directly to our mailbox if we had our names attached.  Well, our landlord didn't do it....and we don't have label makers handy, so it didn't get done.

So, fast-forward a week later; I got my bank book because I set a time online with the post office to drop off my book and was *gasp* actually home to receive it.  To know how little I'm home, I paid $5 in electricity last month.....  I'm never here..... (another long story)

My friend, and neighbor, told them to stick it in the box, but they require a signature.  The expiration date on the package has past (who knew they expired) and when she asked the guy at the post office where the mail went after the expiration date, he didn't know.

So, I've been wondering in my drunken state whether there is a mailbox heaven where undeliverable letters go.  Say those letters to Santa Claus that never make it to the North Pole because....let's face it.....Santa Claus can't live on water!!!  He's St. Nick not the Messiah...(I'm going to hell for that....)

Also, on the way home, I saw something I almost can't write...even in my drunken state....an older woman (70s) pulling up her diapers after pissing in a grate.....something I wish I never saw.....

To make matters worse....(it has no real relation to anything I've said so far), the blanket I bought kind of smells like dog spit....  I hung it outside to air-out and it came back as stinky as ever....

That's all from drunken Bryan...I hope you don't get turned off by this blog entry and come and visit again....  

No comments: